Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mypoints - Free Gift Cards or Reading E-mail?

About a year ago, a friend told me about a place called mypoints.com and explained how it works. I am always skeptic of any type of online rewards or money earning websites but I trust him, he had an account with them for a couple of years and had actually received the gift cards in the mail.

I signed up, and started to recieve about 2-3 e-mails a day from there site. Within every e-mail there is a "Get Points" link in it that is like the one pictured below.



Once you click this link it will open in a new window, close it and you are done, that just got you 5 Points. Most rewards will cost you between 1,200 and 10,000 points and are mostly all gift cards to pretty much every type of retailer thats out there.

I got fancy with my Gmail account and have a filter set so those messages do not show up in my inbox but in a sub folder, which is nice because that allows me to just read them once a week. You will get surveys mailed to you from time to time that can be worth 10 points (if you do not qualify) all the way up to 250 points for longer surveys.

Using this method I have rack up quite a bit of points. Below is a screen shot of my current point balance and I am going to redeem them soon, but just cant choose what I want to go with.



I forgot to mention, If you shop on Amazon or other online retailers, you can earn 2-10 points per dollar with a mypoints account.

No comments: